For those of you who are new to the party, the lady on the right, Tressa Shiryu, represents the pain and prejudice of the past, being an immortal, artificial lifeform whose original goal was to commit genocide to humanity as an act of revenge for killing her creators and "family". She mellowed out due to the influence of Dixie and her children, whom she became their teacher.
The one on the left, Dixie Shiryu, represents the present; she had to overcome a TON of prejudice and racism to become the greatest hero the world had ever seen. She helped usher in an unprecedented shift in public acceptance of other clans and their beliefs, as she wanted there to be no more barriers between the clans. If you're in trouble, Dixie will always be there to help you out with a kind smile on her face!
The one in the middle, Rika Shirokawa, is the eldest daughter of Dixie and represents the future; Tressa trained her to be as strong as she could be and she has Dixie's heart and determination. Rika is almost a composite of these two, as she can have Tressa's attitude but Dixie's idealism. When it seemed like her mother was KIA, Rika took on the clothing styles of both her mother and her sensei, as she wanted to honor them both. Rika is determined to carry on the legacy that both of them and all of her family has imparted upon her.
It's that time of the year everyone! You can now prepare yourselves for Dixie's birthday (Sept. 18), Tressa's birthday (Oct. 31), and my 5th year anniversary (Nov. 17)! This piece is the official curtain jerker to these events! Let this be the signal to let you all know where the art from here on is going! Let me know what you think! Do you dig the change I made to the coloring style? Have you pointed out why it is called the teardrop version yet? Sound off in the comments!
Happy Birthday Dixie!!! For 5 years, you have been bringing my watchers smiles and happiness and amazing art! We watched you grow from a little girl to a strong willed teenager to a powerful adult. I'm happy to have created you with the help of those long days and night (she lives in South Africa and I in America on the West Coast) back in September 2010. You have grown from being a concept in my head as a child to a story that some people have read and may have enjoyed to helping bridge many long lasting connections with people here on deviantArt. I love you Dixie and I am glad that I created you!
I commissioned this from about two months ago. I decided that this would be the best time to introduce the Magatama no Shiryu! I have mentioned it before to people and it has cropped up in RPs I have done but this is the first time that it has been shown! It is far from complete and I need to really pinpoint down how to properly draw it out, but this is the gist of it; it turns the pupils to look like that of a dragon's, the whites become "stained" with the color of the iris, and crystal covers the eyes. Again, gonna keep working on it
So yes, thanks ! BOTH of us had issues coloring this, but we got it done! Also, this is the first picture posted in my gallery that deals with blood! WHOO!!!!! And again, thank you to everyone for supporting the character of Dixie Onikawa-Shiryu for the past 4 years that I have been active here on dA. It means so damn much to me and I hope that you can continue supporting me!
I originally commissioned this picture from and then it turned into a collaboration between , , , and myself. really helped with the background and getting me to a real cel shading level. This took a while to make but I hope that everyone likes it! Here is Tressa's part of the story....
The only reason Tressa decided to join in this night of badassery and fun is because she took an odd interest in Lilith. No one other than Tressa knows the reason why that is, but she almost cracked a smile blowing things up with her. She got to know Lilacs a bit more and found Rawr to be..... interesting in a way. Tressa almost felt bad that they had to blow up the city due to the zombie outbreak..... Almost. She took Lilith's advice and leveled the city with her Gothia Flame. And thus, Tressa's best night ever came to a close...
I'm just an aspiring writer who is trying to get his story turned into a manga. If anyone is interested in reading my story, go to www.wattpad.com/516483-the-leg… I am looking for someone talented to do commissions; if you are interested, please drop me a line! Please enjoy the art I post
Legacy of Dixie and its characters are created by Frankie-sama
I have created Team Shiryu! I am its head writer and its proud Leader! Check out for more details!
All art and drawing are done by Natalie Gilliam, my South African friend.
All coloring, shading, and illustrations are done by my childhood friend, Michael Rome.
I CANNOT EMPHASIS THIS ENOUGH; THE ART ON THIS PAGE IS NOT MINE. PLEASE GIVE THE ARTIST THE PROPER RESPECT. ALL I DO IS THE COLORING FOR CHARACTER ACCURACY. PLEASE RESPECT THAT WISH
Current Residence: Richmond, California
Favourite genre of music: J-Rock
Favourite style of art: Anime/manga
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
MP3 player of choice: iPod
Favourite cartoon character: Hinata Hyuga
Personal Quote: If you let today pass you by, then you will never be ready for tomorrow
1. Tressa absolutely hates the cold and doesn't like to be put in swimsuits, as she feels that they are unbefitting a warrior.
2. She is very protective of her jacket, as it was the last thing she was given by the scientists who created her before they were killed.
3. She has a very strange obsession with vanilla ice cream and crepes.
4. She doesn't like to admit it, but Tressa likes children quite a bit.
5. Her Gothia Flame can be formed into a multitude of different items and weapons, kinda like how the Green Lantern uses his powers.
6. Her body can now disintegrate into black spores; her body is still mostly organic though, so she can still bleed and lose limbs
7. Tressa absolutely hates it when someone tries to hurt Dixie; she flies into a rage every time, especially since she is now Dixie's advisor.
8. Tressa used to be the tank and nuke of the Legacy; now, due to her overreliance on her immortality and regeneration, she has deteriorated into a glass cannon (she can hit with the power of a world-destroying nuke, but can't take much damage before going down)
1. Hana is actually married, to Akihito Akitoki
2. Hana's mind is a splintered space of sanity and insanity, with insanity winning out
3. Her hatred for Dixie caused her to modify her body to the point where she can only be killed by Dixie
4. The reason behind Dixie and Hana's personal war is with Hana's older brother, who was killed by Dixie and Hana retaliated by setting up the murder of Dixie's foster parents
5. Hana has a very strong love for explosions and the use of explosives; if she can use a bomb or grenade, she WILL use it
6. Hana is actually quite abusive towards the people of her clan, as she can only care about herself
7. Hana is secretly trying to find a way to fix her sanity and become a bit more normal
8. Hana created her own group called the Outsiders; their goal is to break down the barrier between life and death and to reunite Hana with her deceased husband
If anyone wants to do this, please feel free to take up the sword and do it!